Blakenhall, St Luke
Upper Villiers Street, Wolverhampton WV2 3JN
A single bell by George Mears was installed upon completion of the church in 1861. A complete ring of eight was cast to replace it in 1897 by James Barwell at the expense of local industrialist, Edwin Lisle of Tettenhall. The bells were silenced by the incumbent in 1953 to emphasise the urgency of restoration work on the rest of the church. Despite being safe to ring, the bells remained silent until 1980 when a more favourable climate allowed for the restoration of regular ringing. The church was declared redundant and is now owned by an antiques firm. Occasional ringing is still permitted.