Hoar Cross, Holy Angels
Maker Lane, Hoar Cross DE13 8RB
Contact: Derek Giddins (07732 798641)
The massive, cruciform church of The Holy Angels was built by the wife of Hugo Francis Meynall Ingram of Hoar Cross Hall to commemorate her husband who died in 1871. A new ring of six was supplied upon completion of the church, which was at the time the fifth heaviest ring of six after Wrington (38.2.16), Queen Camel (37.3.14), Congresbury (34.0.4) and Brailes (29.0.19) and is now the fourth heaviest after St Buryan (37.2.9), Queen Camel (36.3.7) and Brailes. They were rehung in a new frame and the trebles recast in 1935 by Taylor's. The parish was transferred to the Stoke Archdeaconry in 1980.