Before 1830 there were five bells in the tower. 1831 John Taylor cast a new ring of eight. These were cast in Buckland Brewer (Devon) and brought to the church by canal. The bells were rehung by Taylors in a new cast iron H-frame in 1894 and put on ball bearings in 1953. They were rung from the ground floor with several sets of rope guides until, in 1999, a new first floor gallery was created, reducing the draught.